Saturday, August 24, 2013

Ribbons Galore!

What a busy week - back to school for the kids and a new routine.  Rene is in color guard this year, and her schedule requires a 6:35 am drop off at the high school! That's not too early, but still enough of a change to make me tired this week.  On the brighter side, it does give me an extra 30 minutes of alone time in the morning, and I have been taking the dog on a walk after I drop her off. 

In July I anticipated how tiring this week would be, and decided that a back to school celebration was in order for today.  The first Saturday of the school year - and no better way to relax than to stamp with friends.


Ribbons, ribbons, and more ribbons! That was the theme. Tips and tricks on how to use ribbon for embellishing cards.  I recently discovered a technique using clear blocks to tie flat nots and beautiful bows that helps to conserve ribbon.  If you missed out on this class today, be sure to ask about this technique!  



Didn't this one turn out elegant and soft?  This ribbon technique is called rouching - or you can just say gathering.  It is accomplished by using a simple slip stitch up the ribbon, sewing diagonally across the ribbon back and forth.  It is not a technique that I use on a daily basis, but it is a nice touch when you want to send something special.  


We finished the afternoon with a sneak peak at the new Envelope Punch Board.   I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of my pre-order, and it arrived just in time!  Keep an eye out for an upcoming class for this product - you will receive a free package of designer series paper when you order the Envelope Punch Board!




A big thank you to Laura, Joan, and Debbie for coming to stamp with me today!

In His Grip,


Angi Lay
John 10:28




No comments:

Post a Comment